Case 03 - Valuation of urban ecosystem services in Oslo
|Please read the OpenNESS case study booklet 'Ecosystem services in operation' for the final outcomes of the cases. More detailed information about the cases and the tools and methods used can be found on Oppla: www.oppla.eu|
You can find four very practical and inspirational cases in the bar on the left, under factsheets.
The Oslo case study aims to translate the concepts of natural capital (NC) and ecosystem services (ES) into operational examples. We conduct integrated assessment and valuation of urban ES, demonstrating how several different approaches can support urban management and decision-making in Oslo. The case study also scrutinizes the potential and limitations of the concepts of ES and NC in an urban and Norwegian context.
The Oslo OpenNESS case study is a cooperation between the Norwegian Institute for Nature Research, a non-profit research foundation, and Vista Analyse AS, a small enterprise. The municipality of Oslo and several of its agencies constitute the
project’s advisory board.
VISTA Analyse A/S
News and blogs
- Insight Publishers: Valuation of urban ecosystem services in Oslo
- Blog post by Rasmus Reinvang: Green space in Oslo worth billions!
- Aftenposten (daily newspaper): http://www.osloby.no/nyheter/Forskere-har-regnet-pa-hvor-mye-Marka-er-ve...
- Forskning.no (science portal): http://forskning.no/skog-okologi-demografi/2015/04/naturen-i-oslo-er-ver...
- NINA: http://www.nina.no/Aktuelt/Nyhetsartikkel/ArticleId/3810
- VISTA: http://www.vista-analyse.no/no/nyheter/verdsetting-av-urbane-okosystemtj...
2. Urban ecosystem services in Norwegian
3. Property level valuation of blue-green structures
- Hedonic property pricing
- BGF mapping
- Blue-green factor app
4. Green space recreational opportunity & demand
- ESTIMAP recreation
- Structural diversity mapping
- Online household survey
- mAptivity app
5. Pollination services
- ESTIMAP pollination
- Blue-green factor gradient field studies
6. Valuation of city trees
- Bayesian belief network valuation model
- Online spatial BBN